Blows against contraband in the municipality of Saravena
In two operations carried out by the Task Force Quiron, a unit attached to the Eighth Division, contraband hydrocarbons and liquors were seized
Arauca. In the first action, troops of the Eighteenth Brigade, through the Mechanized Cavalry Group No. 18 ‘General Gabriel Reveíz Pizarro’ in coordination with the National Police managed to intercept a vehicle, whose drivers, when seeing the checkpoint tried to escape by a secondary road that goes from Saravena to the hamlet Puerto Contreras of this municipality, but thanks to the timely reaction of the soldiers 400 gallons of gasoline distributed in eight barrels with capacity of 55 gallons each, were seized.
It is the same action, troops captured a man who drove a vehicle which was put into custody of the authorities. He said that the fuel went to the municipality of Cubará, in the department of Boyacá.
In the second blow, 60 bottles of contraband liquor were seized in the sector “Y” of Banadias, in the Municipality of Saravena, in a joint operation with the Tax and Customs Police. They managed to identify the vehicle in which the liquor was transported. The illegal merchandise comprised twelve bottles of brandy, twelve bottles of rum and 36 bottles of whiskey, which was intended to be marketed in the municipalities of Saravena and Tame.
Source: Eighteenth Brigade – National Army.
- Finding of new shipment of alkaloids in the area of the Gorgona Island
- Colombian Air Force Conducts medical evacuation in Caquetá
- Capturados cinco sujetos en zona de extracción minera ilegal localizada en Buenaventura
- Colombia y Ecuador unen esfuerzos para combatir delitos transnacionales en zona de frontera
- Niños con cáncer disfrutaron de una aventura estelar en la Escuela Naval de Cadetes