[:es]Colombian scientists return to Antarctica[:]
Colombia will embark on a new scientific journey to the white continent. On this occasion 43 national and international researchers will travel to the South Pole to carry out the field phase of their scientific projects, some of them on board the ship ARC 20 de Julio and others on platforms of allied countries of the Colombian Antarctic Program, as Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador and Spain in order to generate valuable resources for the world scientific knowledge.
The IV Scientific Expedition of Colombia to Antarctica “Almirante Tono” will take place in the austral summer 2017 – 2018. It aims to give continuity to scientific activities carried out by the country in Antarctica within the framework of the Program Colombian Antarctic. The projects are related to the issues of marine, coastal and continental ecosystems, environmental change and conservation, biodiversity of Antarctic species, geography, hydrography, cartography and maritime security.
The group of researchers and scientists will set sail on December 15 on board the ship ARC 20 de Julio, a ship built by COTECMAR shipyards. Your tour will start in Cartagena to cross the Panama Canal and border the South American Pacific coast, cross the Drake Passage to reach the Antarctic Peninsula and start the research projects.
It is estimated that the ship will return to Cartagena, Colombia, in March 2018.
The planning of the expedition is coordinated and directed by the Colombian Ocean Commission, the General Maritime Directorate and the National Navy of Colombia, it is an expedition of great relevance and importance through the operational trinomial ship, helicopter and boat, which have the ability to assist Colombian researchers who will conduct the field phase of their research projects in Antarctica.
Source: National Navy.[:]
- Armada Nacional rescata a 12 personas en aguas del Caribe 22 julio, 2018
- Armada Nacional busca a dos pescadores perdidos en aguas de Santa Marta 22 julio, 2018
- Armada Nacional incauta lingotes de oro avaluados en más de 6.100 millones de pesos 22 julio, 2018
- Embarcaciones del mundo llegaron al Sail Cartagena 2018 22 julio, 2018
- COMUNICADO DE PRENSA 22 julio, 2018
- Décima Brigada propina golpe contundente al ELN en el Sur del Cesar 22 julio, 2018
- Ejército Nacional rescató a comerciante secuestrado por el Eln 22 julio, 2018
- Autoridades incautan 150 kilos de pasta base de coca escondidos en un camión 22 julio, 2018
- (sin título) 22 julio, 2018
- Dimar y Armada Nacional atienden naufragio en Cabo San Juan en Santa Marta 22 julio, 2018