After the publication on January 31 of the most wanted for the murder of social leaders and thanks to the operation of the Security forces, 8 of the 31 criminals of different criminal organizations accused of the murder of social leaders have already been captured. The reported captures are:
• Alias 'El Mente', Cartagena, Bolívar, GDCO ringleader of ‘Los Ronda'. For the homicides of Jorge Luis García Barrio, Community Leader.
• Alias 'El Mudo', Caucasia, Antioquia, Chief of Murderers of the GDCO 'Los Caparros' Substructure 'Virgilio Peralta Arenas'. For the murder of Plinio José Pulgarín Villadiego, Community Leader.
• Alias 'El Mono', Planeta Rica, Córdoba, Murderer of the GAO “Clan del Golfo” Substructure “Rubén Darío Ávila Martínez”. For the homicide of Orlando Nicolás Negrete Ramírez, Community Leader.
• Alias 'Cucuteño', Bucaramanga, Santander, Murderer of the GDO 'Los Paisas'. For the murder of Diana Patricia Mejía Fonseca, Social Leader.
• Alias 'La Sabrosa', Tierralta, Córdoba, in charge of Logistics of the GAO 'Clan del Golfo'. For the homicide of Orlando Nicolás Negrete Ramírez, Community Leader.
• Alias 'Mulato and / or Arriero', Carepa, Antioquia, Murderer of the GAO Clan del Golfo' Substructure Front 'Carlos Vázquez'. For the killing of Gonzalo Antonio Martínez Guisao, Community Leader.
• Alias 'Care Malo', Tarazá, Antioquia, Chief of Murderers of the GDCO 'Los Caparros' Substructure 'Virgilio Peralta Arenas'. For the killing of Plinio José Pulgarín Villadiego, Community Leader.
• Alias 'Misael', San Calixto, Norte de Santander, member of the GAO “Los Pelusos” Substructure 'Libardo Mora Toro'. For the killing of 04 former combatants of the FARC and one Social Leader.
Since the publication of the Decree 2137 of November 19, 2018, where the Inter-sector Group for the Timely action Plan (PAO) is created, the Elite Corps has captured 41 people for homicides of social leaders.
As a fundamental component of the Early Warning System, the Military Forces and the National Police have received, between 2017 and 2019, 114 early alerts that cover 162 municipalities of the country, in addition to 618 requirements that have requested some type of institutional action in the framework of these alerts.
Thus, the Ministry of Defense effectively executes its corresponding component within the Timely action Plan, PAO, which is led by the Ministry of Interior, to contribute to the process of protection of human rights defenders, social leaders, communitarian leaders and journalists .
Thanks to the coordinated action of the related institutions, during the course of the government of President Iván Duque and in the framework of the PAO, a reduction of 35% in menaces or deaths of social leaders and human rights defenders has been reported.